The brake rotors are one of the most important parts of your Ford's disc braking system. When you start to step on the brake pedal, a process takes place where your calipers squeeze the brake pads against the rotors to get your wheels to stop rotating. Your brake rotors come into direct contact with your brake pads and get the car to slow down through the use of friction. This can cause them to wear out over time and need replacement. It's important to pay attention to the signs of this, which include:
- Loud brakes. When your brake rotors are warped or have indents in them, they can cause your braking system to be extra loud. Squeaking or squealing sounds are the most common.
- Grooves or score marks. If you do a visual inspection on the brake rotors and see grooves, indents, or any other large imperfections, this is a sure sign you should grab replacements. Rotors should have a relatively smooth surface when they are working properly.
When it's time to buy a new set of rotors for your Ford, make sure you invest in quality parts that are OEM. You can find them here at Ford Genuine Auto Parts, including other components related to the braking system, like brake pads or calipers.
No results found for "brake rotor". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!